Monday Movie Mash-up

Smart People
Average comedy. Dry humor… a little too “stuck-up” for its own good. Cast is average except for a stand out performance by the wacky brother, played by Ashton Holmes. -I think this one hit a little too close to home for me to be as funny as it deals with the death of a mother and her daughters coping mechanisms. Don’t expect to watch this and laugh out loud; you may actually come away from it more depressed than when you popped in this comedy!

Bloopers and Gag Reel from the movie





Mean Girls
Yes, it stars Lindsey Lohan. Yes, it’s a movie geared toward teens. Yes, it’s a little bit predictable and yes, everything turns out rainbows and puppy dogs in the end. But… alright, I loved it! It’s got a solid story, good-enough cast, and it may have been formulaic, but it’s also funny. Think Lindsey Lohan before you came to hate the name.

Mean Girls trailer re-cut, horror-flick style





Get Shorty
I know what you’re thinking, “But Get Shorty is an American classic! John Travolta at the height of his post Pulp Fiction comeback AND Danny Devito - playing mobsters!” Surely, I must have been living under a rock all these years. Well, I’ve submerged from my self imposed exile, and I don’t think I missed much with this one. Maybe it was the three glasses of wine I drank before watching it - but I was utterly confused, and not captivated enough to bother re-watching during my subsequent hang-over.

Best part of the movie? Bette Midler





Y Tu Mama Tamben

For whatever reason, this film got rave reviews, was nominated for an Oscar for best screenplay, won the Independent Spirit Awards for best foreign film, and won 32 other awards. I say it was slightly above average for an smaller budget, foreign movie. But I think this is one that you have to judge for yourself, just be sure to get the subtitled version - not the dubbed one.

Official Movie Trailer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mean Girl RULES because it was written by the best female writer of our day Tina Fey (my hero)

I also loved me some Get Shorty. I dont know why but I loved John Travolta in this role.

I never saw Smart People, I saw the trailer and was uninterested in ever seeing it...although I am a fan of Ellen Page.

Anonymous said...

where did you go?

Anonymous said...

*missing you* Hope all is well?