Monday Movie Mash-Up

Deathwatch

"Its not bloody Shakesphere"

Brought to us by the insanely popular FEARnet

In 1917, in the Western front, a group of survivors of the British Company Y reach the most forward German trench in a foggy night. They capture a German soldier that advises that evil is in the trench, forcing the soldiers to kill each other, and asks them to leave the place. Only the private Charlie Shakespeare listens and helps the prisoner, while a supernatural force scares and makes the soldiers insane.

Or… just watch the best 10 minutes…

Part 9 or 10






Watching the Detectives

SO, I’m on a Lucy Liu obsession right now. She plays two types of character. Kick-ass bad girl with whips, or quirky laughing next-door neighbor types. This role attempts to mold the two together, but she comes out more crazy than quirky, and more of a wanna-be bad-ass than the real thing.

Video below maybe a stretch, but considering that most of the characters are old school movie obsessed, I’m thinking a lot of the subtleties in plot and characters can be extracted from the clip below.



**in fact, even the setting and cars are similar… huh - more research maybe needed on this one! Maybe the film is better than the 6.5 out of 10 I’m giving it.



Desperado

InShandeee’s (the brother-in-law’s) recommendation

Video below plays out the best scenes to one of my favorite songs… Whished I had seen this first before watching the whole hour and a half movie…. No - I kid - it wasn’t THAT bad!
I have a secret love/hate relationship with Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez

… In any given movie, I hate about 50% of it and think the other 50% is pure genius.






Willow

A classic. What else can you be said about this one? I thought it was a little cheesy, but no more so than I think ET would be now if I watched it over twenty years after it came out.
A must see for kids of all ages!

Video of the best “Peck” lines from the movie!!! Peck peck peck peck peck!!





The Secret (AKA Si j'étais toi)


This is I watched is NOT The Secret movie about how to visualize your life and make all your dreams come true. So if I think of a baby in my minds eye over and over, The Secret says that one will materialize for me…
OK - not going to be seeing that one… for a video on it though, see below:



The movie I saw, starred my hottie David Duchovny and that chick from Mystic Pizza with the big nose, Lili Taylor. Messed up story, not good, not bad, really not worth mentioning anymore.

5 comments:

JD at I Do Things said...

Oh, MAN!

Here I was, just merrily dropping EntreCards, when my eye caught the FearNET video. "10 minutes? I can't watch no 10 minutes!" But I did, and it was AWESOME!

Thanks for posting that. Going back to watch the David Duchovny one.

JD at I Do Things

Anonymous said...

I love Lucy Liu too, but I think your right she's got the wannabe bad ass thing happening for her.


WILLOW? I loved (and still Love) that moive. Val Kilmer is beautiful in that movie.

Jennae said...

JD - fearNET is very addicting! I can spend hours on there without even realizing it. Between the reviews and trailers and a whole host of other "goodies"!

Meleah - have you seen Lucy Liu in Dirty Sexy Money? Just wondering which of her two characters she plays on that show?

John Darko said...

my friend alessandro was art director on this film. i haven't seen it yet but heard it was really strange.

you have a nice site, up for trading links?

Anonymous said...

I have not watched Willow in ages, but thanks for the reminder! I will have to get that for my kids someday. Loved it!