Friday's Fun Food

Tetris Sugar Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup cooking oil
2 eggs
4 ½ cup flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream together sugars, butter and oil. Whip until “fluffy”. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and cream of tarter. Add to batter. If you plan on rolling out dough, add another ½ cup flour.
Either roll out dough or ball together a tablespoon or so of dough and flatten onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.



Basic frosting

¼ cup butter
¼ cup shortening
1 box confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cream (or milk)

Soften butter and shortening by microwaving for twenty seconds or so. Whip together butter and shortening till well mixed. Add sugar, vanilla, salt and milk. Cream together. Scrap sides of bowl and the whip for 2-3 minutes at high speed. Frosting should be light and fluffy.

If you like a sweeter frosting, use a higher proportion of butter to shortening.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I will have to make these sometime! :-) They look so yummy. I love buttery frosting.

Anonymous said...

This makes me happy! I'm gonna have to make tetris sugar cookies! My MIL is a tetris fan and will LOVE them.

Anonymous said...

Yum.

Jennae said...

My brother in law is a video game junkie! He got a real kick out of these.

Nissa said...

I've been wanting to make these. (I think Jason had pics on his Flickr page?)

But did I miss something? How did you make the Tetris shapes? That's the secret you need to share.

Unknown said...

Very Cool! My video game fanatic first born would get a kick out of this!!